Why Donate to the VinaCapital Foundation?
Vietnam is one of the fastest-growing economies in the world, with a projected GDP growth of around 7 percent in 2011. Much of this growth, however, is concentrated in urban areas as opposed to the rural areas, where over 70 percent of the population resides. As the country continues on its fast-paced trajectory, many of the most disadvantaged citizens—in particular the children—remain in abject poverty with no hope of improving their situations. At VCF we are committed to helping those who cannot help themselves, so that they may someday stand on their own feet and take advantage of all the opportunities provided by Vietnam’s bright future.
Your Generous Donation Buys:
- Heartbeat Vietnam scholarships for heart children: $225
- Continuing care for heart children: $300
- Assistance for the disabled: $500
- Ethnic Minority Girl Empowerment Fund: $500 per girl
- Child’s heart surgery: $1,000
- Child’s tumor surgery: $1,000
- VinaCapital Foundation endowment fund: $1,000
- Rural outreach clinic: $1,500
- Crash cart for emergency treatment: $3,500
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support Training for 32 doctors: $3,700
- Vietnamese doctor’s overseas training: $5,000 for two months
- Telemedicine Education Session for 110 doctors: $7,000/session
- Survive to Thrive equipment and training: $10,000
- Medical Equipment:
- Head lamp for infant surgery: $300
- Infusion pump: $1,800
- Monitor for Coronary Care Unit: $9,000
- Pediatric Esophageal Echocardiography Probe: $15,000
- Ventilator for Intensive Care Units: $30,000
- $360 will pay for a Heartbeat Vietnam child’s school fees, nutrition, and post-operative medical exams and medicines for one year
- $1,000 will fund one outreach clinic in the poor provinces, where 200-500 poor children will be examined, diagnosed, treated, and registered for the surgical waiting list if needed
- $2500 will pay for the consolidation and shipment of a container of refurbished medical equipment and supplies for a pediatric hospital in Vietnam
- $2800 will pay for one pediatric crash cart for an emergency room or ICU in a rural Vietnamese hospital
- $3000 will cover the expenses of one International Symposium for Cardiac Care teleconference training session in Vietnam and Asia
- $30,000 will fund an entire year’s worth of Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) training and 20 pediatric crash carts
What is the role of the VinaCapital Group?
Mr. Don Lam, CEO of the VinaCapital Group, Vietnam’s leading investment fund, co-founded VCF in 2006 with Ms. Robin King Austin, its Executive Director, to implement development and humanitarian projects in Vietnam in a systematic and transparent way. VCF is a separate entity organized as an American not-for-profit organization, fully tax-deductible 501 (c)(3), and licensed international NGO in Vietnam. The VinaCapital Group is the VCF’s largest donor, as the company pays for all of the Foundation’s overhead costs. That means that 100% of all donations go directly to our program work.
For more information on the history of VCF, please click here.
How do I know if the money I donated has any tangible effect on the lives of those people?
At VCF we pride ourselves on creating and implementing grassroots and large-scale projects that have long-term benefits to disadvantaged children in Vietnam. These children are the country’s future, and we want to ensure that they have the best possible start in life in terms of health and development.
We provide regular reports and evaluations to our donors so they can see exactly how their donation is helping to change lives. But reading about our work is only one way to experience it; we also strongly encourage our donors to visit our projects and meet our beneficiaries. For those who are unable to come to Vietnam to see our work first-hand, we will do our utmost to bring Vietnam to you through our website. We encourage you to get to know our beneficiaries, staff, volunteers, and your fellow donors as you read and hear their stories.
How can I donate?
There is no minimum amount. Every Dollar, every Euro, every Vietnamese Dong helps! You may also give a monthly gift to support a specific program.We respect our donors’ wishes and will keep all information private to the extent that is allowed by the IRS. We have several mechanisms to make it as easy as possible for you to donate. You can donate online right now:
To donate by wire transfer, please contact us for wiring instructions send us a check via the postal service to:
Regular Postal Mail
The VinaCapital Foundation
PO Box 1357
Highlands, NC 28741 USA
The VinaCapital Foundation
24 Nguyen Thai Binh, District 1
Ho Chi Minh City, VIETNAM
16 Holly Tree Lane
Attn: Faye Wurm Highlands, NC 28741
Donate in Honor or Memory
You can always make a donation made in honor or memory of a loved one. Please note that you will receive the tax receipt and benefit. We will send a card notifying either the honoree or the deceased person’s family that a gift was made in their honor.
- If you donate online, please email us to let us know to whom you would like to dedicate your donation. We will send a card notifying either the honoree or the deceased person’s family that a gift was made in their honor.
- If you donate by mail, simply include a note when you mail in your donation explaining that this gift is in honor of or in memory of someone and including any recipient information if you want us to send a card notifying him/her of the donation.
Employee Giving and Corporate Matching Gifts
You can support the VinaCapital Foundation’s projects through payroll deduction with your employer. Many companies allow their employees to automatically have funds deducted from their paycheck on either a one-time basis or recurring each pay period. In addition, your company may have a matching gifts program, where they will match each employee’s donations to a cause.