Roche Vietnam And The VinaCapital Foundation Launch Immortal Wish Program To Support Children With Cancer In Vietnam And Provide Health Check-Up For Suffering Children In Nam Tra My District, Quang Nam Province
Hanoi, Dec 16th 2020 – VinaCapital Foundation (VCF) in cooperation with Roche Vietnam announced today the launch of the Immortal Wish program with a total fund value of 550,000,000 VND. The program is a series of dynamic activities in 7 hospitals across Vietnam, in which pediatric cancer patients are being treated, as well as 2 health check-ups for 3,000 children in Nam Tra My district, Quang Nam province. The program’s first volunteer activity is pleased to welcome the participation of Mr. Ivo Sieber – The Ambassador of Switzerland in Vietnam.
As a global company headquartered in Switzerland, Roche is not only a pioneer enterprise in providing advance medical solutions but also a passionate company in contributing to sustainable development in Vietnam through social activities, especially those focused on improving education and healthcare for children. Roche Vietnam and the VinaCapital Foundation will be carrying out the Immortal Wish program to provide psychosocial support for pediatric patients with cancer with the details as follow:
- Decorate and furnish equipment and materials for the Pediatric room for Stem cell transplant Department in the National Institute of Hematology and Blood Transfusion.
- Provide new facilities for the Classroom of Hope and the Playing Room at the Oncology Department of the National Children’s Hospital.
- Build and fully set up 01 Classroom of Wish in City Children’s Hospital – Ho Chi Minh City with modern classroom equipment (school desks, flipcharts, bookshelves, glass board, textbooks from grade 1 to grade 9, stationaries, toys, etc.). It will not only be an alternative classroom but also a space for recreational activities for all the pediatric patients of the hospital.
- Organize a December birthday party for all pediatric inpatients of Clinical Hematology Department of City Children’s Hospital, HCMC.
- Present 1000 Christmas gift sets which provide fresh fruits or warm blankets and towels for pediatric cancer patients in 07 hospitals including National Institute of Hematology and Blood Transfusion (220 sets), National Cancer Hospital (K Hospital) (100 sets), National Children’s Hospital (150 sets), City Children’s Hospital – Ho Chi Minh City (70 sets), Children’s Hospital II – HCMC (180 sets), Oncology Hospital – HCMC (180 sets), and Blood Transfusion and Hematology Hospital – HCMC (100 sets).
In addition, in January 2021, the Immortal Wish program will also provide the much-needed and long-awaited health check-up for 3,000 children in Nam Tra My district, Quang Nam province where recent landslides, storms, and typhoons with destructive consequences has put the health and well-being of the local people, especially children, at risk. Having lost their homes, many children and their families have injuries, trauma, infections, exposure and diseases while there is little healthcare in the impacted areas.
With the support of the medical team from Hoan My Da Nang Hospital and VinaCapital Foundation’s Outreach Clinics program, two health check-ups will provide pediatric, cardiology, gastroenterology, respiratory and trauma examination for children from 10 communes of Nam Tra My district including Trà Cang, Trà Don, Trà Dơn, Trà Leng, Trà Linh, Trà Mai, Trà Nam, Trà Tập, Trà Vân, and Trà Vinh. Each diagnosed child will also receive a medical kit comprising of essential medicines.
Chief Representative of Roche Vietnam – Mr. Girish Mulye shared: “As a global pioneer in pharmaceuticals and diagnostics, Roche is committed to working with Vietnam to address healthcare challenges through a variety of activities. Collaborating and supporting VinaCapital Foundation in this meaningful and impactful initiative to the children with cancer and rare diseases who need this the most is part of our long term commitment. By establishing a platform in hospitals, we also give children the opportunities to access education and social life skills, enhancing their mental health besides physical treatment.”
“The VinaCapital Foundation’s primary focus is improving the well-being of the children in Vietnam, both financially and psychologically. VCF is proud to be a part of the Immortal Wish program and have the chance to work closely with Roche Vietnam to not only provide psychological support for pediatric cancer patients but also health check-ups for suffering children in Central Vietnam. I believe the Immortal Wish program will both bring hope and faith in a brighter future for these children and their families.” said Mr. Rad Kivette, CEO of the VinaCapital Foundation.
As psychological and physical support are vital to the safety and well-being of at-risk children and families, the Immortal Wish program’s equipment, gifts and mobile health examination will play a crucial role in ensuring protection and standard living conditions for this most vulnerable group. With the implementation of the Immortal Wish program, VinaCapital Foundation and Roche Vietnam commit to assure the quality of health care and improve the lives of our children, for a more sustainable, healthier and brighter future for all.