THE VINACAPITAL FOUNDATION AS THE OWNER AND OPERATOR:
This website is owned and operated by the VinaCapital Foundation, which is an American registered 501(c)(3) public charitable organization, registered as a foreign non-governmental organization in Vietnam. The VCF is the sole owner of the VinaCapital Foundation website. Throughout this policy, you will see the terms “the VinaCapital Foundation”, “VCF”, “we,” “our,” and “us” – these terms refer to VCF. You will also see the terms “I,” “you,” “your,” and “yours” – these terms refer to visitors to and users of our website.
The VCF website provides descriptions of our programs and how we help children in need in Vietnam, the website provides you with the opportunity to donate online, or interact with us and download links for use on your website. We encourage you to read the entire policy as it sets forth our understanding with you when you visit our website. These terms and conditions have been developed for your protection, as well as ours.
The use of this website is intended for audiences both in Vietnam and internationally with optional languages available in Vietnamese and English.
WEBSITE DEVELOPMENT PURPOSE:
We are always aware of the importance of communicating with the community through the use of online tools. Our website provides you with:
- VCF information (including vision and mission statements)
- Program information
- Annual reports
- Financial statements
- Events and news
- Ways to make a donation
- Career opportunities
- Contact information or links to our various social media pages
YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE:
- Your use of the website constitutes your agreement to all terms, conditions, policies, and all notices. The use of this website is intended for both Vietnamese and international users with optional languages Vietnamese and English.
- As a condition of your use of the website, you warrant to VCF that you will not use the website for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these General Terms and Conditions.
- Your use of the name and logo and/or links bearing the name and logo acknowledges “VCF’s Exclusive Ownership” of the name and/or the right to use the logo. All use or goodwill in connection with our name, logo, documents, data, and/or services will give rights to VCF and benefit our beneficiaries or licensors organization. Use including but not limited to our documents, data, and/or services made available on the website is always with your sole responsibility and risk for non-compliance.
ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, AND TIMELINESS OF THE INFORMATION ON THE WEBSITE:
Within our website, we aim to achieve accuracy, completeness, and timeliness. However, we reserve the right to disclaim liability in the event that you use the website information as binding. The materials on this website are intended to provide a general overview of matters and we consider it necessary to communicate to you, and should not be relied upon or used as a legal basis or for any decision. All and any choice to rely solely on materials in the above manner is beyond our responsibility and at our own risk. We reserve the right to amend the content of this website at any time as appropriate, but we are under no obligation to update any/all of this information on the website. You agree that it is your own responsibility to monitor changes to the website.
USE OF MATERIALS FROM THE WEBSITE:
This website and all its content (including but not limited to software, files, graphics, design, and data) are the property of VCF and/or its suppliers or licensors. It is protected by copyright, trademark, and other laws of North Carolina, the United States, and Viet Nam. Any activity related to the foregoing, including but not limited to the illegal use, copying, retrieval of data will be subject to legal liability at least under the laws of the host country – Viet Nam; unless otherwise stated.
You may display and electronically reproduce, download and print hardcopy versions of the materials contained on the website for your personal and non-commercial use, provided that you will comply with all applicable laws.
- Some parties may attach or use VCF data, logos, etc. for different purposes. Any external parties using our name and logo with permission, usually state the purpose and describe the reason for using the link to the VCF website. If an external party uses our material without this information, it usually means we have not agreed to the display of our sources. Which would mean it is a manifestation of image violation and is therefore breaching this policy.
- Names, pictures, icons, and/or links bearing names and icons are not allowed to be modified, this includes addition/removal of textures, backgrounds, formatting, graphics. We also do not give permission to change sizes, scales, fonts, designs, arrangements, colors, or elements.
- If VCF consent is given to use names, pictures, icons, and/or links, they must always be used in their original format and must not have any other changes or variations. Permission by VCF to use our work does not include its use for commercial purposes or transfer, sale, reproduction, distribution, or exploitation of the VCF name and logo. If you use our work without permission or do not abide by these terms, you are in violation of intellectual property law.
- Any other use of the materials on the website including (but not limited to) the modification, distribution, transmission, performance, broadcasting, reproduction, publication, licensing, design reverse, the transfer or sale, or creation of replicas from any materials, information, software, products or services obtained from the website, without the prior written permission of VCF, is expressly prohibited. Requests for permission to perform any of these activities must be submitted to VCF for review.
- VCF’s name and logo and/or a link bearing the name and logo may not appear anywhere on any other social networking/social media page or another website, or anywhere containing content or advertising adverse effects on children (this includes, but is not limited to, alcoholic beverages, tobacco; sexually explicit, religious, partisan, political content, or weapons, banned substances, or obscene works).
- When you display, copy, download or print any materials on or from the website, they are made available to you by VCF and/or its suppliers or licensors under a license that VCF may collect at will, and retain full title/ownership of the materials and any and all related intellectual property rights.
There are areas of our website and social media pages where the public is able to upload, post, or comment on different suggestions, feedback or complaints, and/or other content. In some sections, this can be viewed by both the public and other users of the site.
You are solely responsible for any information, comments, or other content published by you. In doing so, you agree not to publish any information, comments, or other data that may or may be considered a breach of this clause, this includes (but is not limited to):
- False, slanderous, defamatory, defamatory, obscene, threatening, invasion of privacy or right of publicity, violation or misappropriation of intellectual property rights, abusive, illegal or may be objectionable, or may constitute or encourage criminal conduct, violate the rights of any party or give rise to liability or violate any law, or include or contain software destructive virus, political lobbying, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings, or any form of “Spam”.
- Using a false email address, impersonating any person or entity, or otherwise misleading the source of information, comments, or other content published by you.
- Using the website in any way that may damage, disable, overload, or corrupt any VCF server.
If you infringe any content, we reserve the right to remove or edit it. We may monitor any user-generated content and also reserve the right to remove content we find inappropriate. We will remove comments that contain vulgar language, personal attacks of any kind, or are offensive, promote services/products, are far off-topic, or make unsupported accusations.
VCF does screen Digital Communications in our Correspondence Account in accordance with its internal policies and as noted in the Terms and Conditions of this Website.
- We will make regular updates and changes to the data in our possession, if any information is updated, it is up to you to keep updated with any change
- We do not guarantee that the website will meet your requirements. The operation of the website may have errors or interruptions for objective or subjective reasons, but upon feedback, we will try our best to fix the problem.
- The information on the website is provided with the purpose to share knowledge, experience, and other matters in regards to our programs. However, we do not offer professional advice or recommendations. You should not rely on any information on these sites as a substitute for consulting qualified professionals to meet your individual needs.
 See our ‘Social Media’ policy for more information.
 See both our ‘Child Protection’ Policy and ‘Social Media’ Policy.
 See VCFs ‘Social Media Policy’, under ‘Statement of Policy, No. 8 External Engagement.