Does your child have a Congenital Heart Defect? Is your family unable to pay for essential surgery? Or if you know a child with Congenital Heart Defect and want to help fund for the child’s surgery? Apply for Heartbeat Vietnam and we can help you.
You can start your application process by:
- Calling our office at 028 3827 8787 (working hours: Monday-Friday, 9 am-6 pm)
- Attending an outreach clinic near you, which is run by Heartbeat Vietnam (please update our Facebook and your local news, then submit the file to the Department of Child Protection and Care/Department of Labor, War Invalids and Social Affairs or the Sponsoring Association for Poor Patients of the same place where the examination is held.)
- Attending a partner hospital (see below for a list of our partner hospitals)
- Visit our office if you are near (14E21 Thao Dien, Thao Dien ward, District 2, HCMC, Vietnam – working hours: Monday-Friday, 9 am-6 pm)
- Message us via our Facebook page: Nhịp tim Việt Nam or Heartbeat Vietnam
- Through a link with a Heartbeat Vietnam donor
- Fundings are given to children that need surgery. The parents must have a doctor’s notice of the type of surgery needed and the estimated cost to confirm that the baby needs surgery to treat congenital heart defects. Your baby needs a surgical appointment and a notice of surgery costs from the hospital. The surgery cost will be directly paid to the hospital by the HBVN.
- Each family should prepare 2 sets of applications and send them directly to the Department of Child Protection and Care or the Sponsoring Association for Poor Patients & Children where the children and their families are living. If you need specific information about the Child Support Fund or the Sponsoring Association for Poor Patients & Children in your local area, please contact NTVN for advice.
- We prioritize cases based on the urgency of the surgery, and on the professional opinion of the doctors. For emergencies, we will be able to respond quickly. However, depending on the child’s surgery cost and HBVN’s current funding, the fundraising time would take longer, on average from 4 to 6 weeks. HBVN will contact the family as soon as there is sufficient funding for the surgery, and notify the hospital about the sponsorship confirmation.
- Regarding the details of hospital admission and treatment, the hospital will contact the family directly.
1. An application for Funding for heart treatment in the form of Heartbeat Vietnam Program – VinaCapital Foundation certified by local authorities
- The information that the patient’s family declares in the form must be detailed, not sketchy, especially in the section “clearly stating the family’s current difficult circumstances”.
- For example, how many children are in your family? Are they still going to school? Is the Patient the second child of the family? What is the current state of the baby and his learning? How does the baby’s health affect the life and work of the parents? Are parents employed (specifically what jobs), and your income? Family’s ability to contribute to the cost of the baby’s surgery… When did the family discover the baby’s disease? Where did you go to get the baby checked and How many times? When was the last follow-up visit? If the baby previously had heart surgery please specify.
2. Two original photos (size: 10cmx15 cm):
- 1 picture of the baby
- 1 photo of the baby along with family members in front of the house (the photo must show the whole view of the house)
3. Certificate of poor/near-poor household or application for confirmation of disadvantaged family (certified by local authorities)
4. Notice of surgery cost (copy) (this is a notice confirming whether or not the baby is indicated for surgery so it is very important)
5. Medical record (hospital consultation record, E-card of ultrasound, the first and second surgical hospital discharge papers (if any) … (copy)
6. Birth certificate (copy), Permanent residence (note: must include the whole family, not just the baby’s name) (copy)
7. Health insurance card (copy) – it is required for children to have health insurance to pay part of the surgery cost. We only receive records of children from poor/disadvantaged households from 0-18 years old, with an appointment for surgery.
Each family should make 2 sets of documents, and submit them to the Department of Child Protection and Care where the child currently lives.
Please send the application file for surgery cost with the official dispatch from the Child Support Fund to:
Heartbeat Vietnam Program – The VinaCapital Foundation
14E21 Thao Dien, Thao Dien Ward, District 2, Ho Chi Minh City
Office Phone: 028 3827 8787
Working hours: Monday – Friday, 9 am – 6 pm
- The VinaCapital Foundation – Heartbeat Vietnam
Address: 14E21 Thao Dien, Thao Dien ward, District 2, Ho Chi Minh City
Tel: 028 3827 8787
- Website: www.vinacapitalfoundation.org
VinaCapital’s hospital partners for CHD diagnosis and treatment
- Vietnam Children’s Hospital (18/879 La Thanh, Dong Da District)
- Ha Noi Heart Hospital (92 Tran Hung Dao, Hoan Kiem District)
- E Hospital – Cardiology Center (87-89 Tran Cung, Cau Giay District)
Da Nang and Hue
- Hoan My Da Nang Hospital (161 Nguyen Van Linh, Thanh Khe District, Da Nang)
- Da Nang General Hospital (124 Hai Phong Thanh Khe District)
- Da Nang Women and Children’s Hospital (402 Le van Hien, Ngu Hanh Son district)
- Hue Central Hospital (16 Le Loi, Hue City)
Ho Chi Minh City
- Ho Chi Minh City Heart Institute (84/6 Thanh Thai District 10)
- University Medical Centre (215 Hong Bang District 5)
- Tam Duc Heart Hospital (4 Nguyen Luong Bang, District 7)
- Children’s Hospital 1 (341 Su Van Hanh, District 10)
- Children’s Hospital 2 (14 Ly Tu Trong, District 1)
- City Children’s Hospital (15 Vo Tran Chi, Binh Tan District)
- Hoan My Sai Gon Hospital (60-60A Phan Xich Long, Phu Nhuan District)
- Hoan My Cuu Long Hospital (Lot 20, Quang Trung street, Cai Rang District, Can Tho City)
- Kien Giang General Hospital (46 Le Loi, Rach Gia City)
Donation from Kiko Montessori Preschool brings “spring of share” to underprivileged children with congenital heart defects
Consulate General of the Federal Republic of Germany Ho Chi Minh City and VinaCapital Foundation to handover medical equipment in Quang Ngai province
“Care to Rise – Yêu thương Nâng bước” program organizes Lunar New Year 2023 celebration for children affected by Covid-19
Follow our life-changing journey for children - get our newsletter to stay up to date.